Andre heads to Texas to sample two heavily modified PaxPower Baja trucks, and you won’t believe how badass they truly are.
PaxPower builds outrageous, off-road vehicles that are loaded with the very best in suspension, power, and more. Andre goes to Texas to check out PaxPower’s latest creations, based on a Ford F-150, and a Chevy 1500 Silverado. While many upfitters will tack on a few aftermarket components, these trucks have additions that take them to another level. Simply put, you can turn an F-150 or Silverado into a supercharged Ram TRX fighter.
The Ford F-150 featured in this video is a PaxPower Alpha Widebody. Equipped with a 770-horsepower, supercharged 5.0-liter V8, it one of their most powerful offerings yet. The Silverado is a PaxPower Chevy Silverado Jackal – and you can get one with a 650-horsepower, supercharged 6.2-liter V8.
Both trucks featured in this video come equipped with 37-inch tires. Also, both trucks cost about $45,000 over the base truck they are based on. That’s about $30,000 for body and suspension and about $15,000 for the power. I say, “about” as these trucks are tailor-made to the customer’s requirements.
As cool as these vehicles are in terms of power, the real story is their suspension setups.
PaxPower Alpha Widebody suspension
- OEM Raptor Suspension Conversion
- Fox Shocks with Internal Bypass Technology
- Custom Front Spring Rate with Level Built-In
- PaxPower Sway Bar End Links
- Various OEM and Aftermarket Shock, Control Arm, and Leaf Spring Upgrades Available
PaxPower Chevy Silverado Jackal suspension
- King 3.0″ Front Coilovers with Internal Bypass Technology
- BajaKits Front PreRunner Suspension System
- 3″ Wider Fabricated Upper and Lower Control Arms
- UniBall Joints for Maximum Travel and Strength
- Extended CV Axles
- King 3.0″ Rear Shocks with Internal Bypass Technology
- Deaver Progressive Leaf Springs
Yes, there is the new Chevy Silverado ZR2, and upcoming Ford F-150 Raptor R, which are (or will be) the pinnacle of what the automakers are offering off-road enthusiasts. These PaxPower trucks are on another level, and offer customization you simply cannot get from the OEM. On top of that, they are available right now.
There’s a lot to chew on with these trucks. Check out the video and see what Andre thinks!