Head over to TFLBids.com to get your hands on our beloved 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss!
Nothing is perfect, but TFL Studios’ 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss was damn-near perfect during its stay with us. Every year, we buy new studio trucks and use them as both support vehicles and the stars of a ton of videos. After the end of that time, we sell it off and try something new. This gives everyone a fresh perspective on new trucks over the long run.
All the material below comes from our TFLBids.com website.
Dozens of videos have featured our Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss, and it has been 100-percent reliable this whole time.
Unfortunately, now comes the time to sell it. We all agreed that the Trail Boss has proven itself to be one of the best, most unexpectedly excellent trucks we’ve used. In over 12 months, the Trail Boss has towed several times, ventured off-road in a variety of videos, and it’s been our support vehicle in a huge percentage of our 2020 videos.
Time to let another one of our best-loved trucks go to a new home. Our Trail Boss quickly became our go-to truck for towing, logistics, back-up, and road trips. The 5.3L V8 did everything we asked of it. The 10-speed transmission was up to the task whether we were crawling up 13,000-foot mountain off-road mountain passes, Moab trails, or hauling heavy on the IKE Gauntlet™ towing test. Of all the vehicles we bought new for our 2020 long-term tests, this Trail Boss racked up the most mileage by the thousands because it was our team’s default first-choice to use. It can be your go-to truck now.
FEATURES & SPEC’S –
- 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab Z71 Trail Boss
- Red exterior with black accents. Black interior with wood trim accents
- 5.3L V8 EcoTec3 gas engine. 355 hp @ 5,600 rpm; 383 ft-lb. torque @ 4,100 rpm
- 4-HI/4-LO transfer case
- G80 automatic locking rear differential
- Aux transmission cooler
- Underbody skid plates
- Hill Descent control, Tow/Haul Mode setting, StabiliTrak, stability control system with Proactive Roll Avoidance and traction control, includes electronic trailer sway control and hill start assist.
- 24-gallon fuel tank
- EPA 16 city/21 hwy/18 combined
- Tinted windows
- Leather seats
- Heated front seats
- Power front seats
- Power mirrors/windows/rear window
- Dual zone A/C heat for front seats
- Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay
- Cruise control
- Heated steering wheel
- All-weather rubber floor mats
- Remote start
- USB, 12-volt and 110-power outlets, front and rear
- Factory-installed spray-in bedliner
- remote locking tailgate with backup camera
- 110v power outlet in rear of bed
- Factory-installed 2-inch receiver hitch with 4- and 7-pin connector wiring
- Factory-installed trailer-brake controller
- Hitch guidance
- 9,500 lbs. max towing capacity. Check out its performance on the IKE Gauntlet™ here.
- 3.23 axle ratio
- 1,685 lbs. max payload
- 7,000 GVWR
- 2-inch factory lift, Rancho shocks
- Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac AT tires on four corners, size LT275/65R18.
- Full-size spare (not matching)
- LED fog lamps
- 2 scheduled oil changes performed since new. No issues found.
KNOWN ISSUES –
- Scratches on the plastic on the lower inside rear doors.
- Small scratches on top of the dash
- Scratch on the outside of driver’s side-view mirror
- Scratch on top of the tailgate.
- Front bumper repainted after being scratched by another vehicle
Here is our wrap-up video featuring this truck. Yes, we are pleased with it, but it is our policy to keep most of our studio trucks for a year. Our loss could be your gain.