This is a rendering of what the upcoming 2023 Ford F-150 Electric pickup may look like. The rendering comes to us thanks to TopElectricSUV.com. Ford has officially stated that an all-electric F-150 is coming to market within two years from now. They announced a $700 million investment into their Dearborn factory to produce electric trucks. Ford also has released the following teaser images of the new truck.
Ford also announced the following information about their all-electric pickup truck.
- – It will be equipped with two electric motors. It will be more powerful than any F-150 currently available. The company says it will result in the fastest truck acceleration and the ability to tow heavy trailers. There are no numbers attached to these claims.
- – It will offer mobile power generation, much like the 2021 F-150 Hybrid.
- – It will offer a “giant” front trunk (aka. frunk). Ford says this will be a lockable and spacious space.
- – F-150 Electric will offer a 40% lower total cost of ownership (compared to a combustion engine truck) due to lower maintenance costs.
- – F-150 Electric will be over-the-air update capable (like the 2021 F-150).
The EV truck rendering offers great resolution, and it is accurate to what Ford has teased. However, the front grille area may offer some “frunk” opening lines, or a front folding gate. Ford has submitted several patent application that have to do with a front storage area openings. The new 2022 GMC Hummer EV has the frunk opening that lifts up as a part of the hood.
We will have to wait and see exactly what an electric F-150 will look like, and what specs and capability it offers.
Here are the first images of what we believe is the upcoming 2021 Ford F-150 Tremor 4×4 Off-Road truck. The Tremor off-road package is expected to slot between Ford’s F-150 FX4 and Ford Raptor offerings. The F-150 Tremor truck would compete up against the Chevy Silverado Trail Boss and the Ram Rebel.