Which all-new turbo-diesel pickup truck is the quickest in a 1/4-mile? This is the heavy-weight championship of this year because we have the all-new 2023 Ford F-350 dually high-output V8 vs a new Ram 3500 HD dually high-output I6 vs redesigned 2024 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD dually Duramax V8. Let’s do a bracket race at our airstrip and find out what the real difference is.
The new 6.7L Power Stroke High Output turbo-diesel V8:
- 500 hp @ 2,600 rpm
- 1,200 lb-ft @ 1,600 rpm
- 10-speed automatic (10R140) (1st gear = 4.615 to 1)
- 3.55 rear axle
- (1st gear) x (rear axle) = 16.38 to 1.
The updated 6.6L Duramax turbo-diesel V8 L5P v2:
- 470 hp @ 2,800 rpm
- 975 lb-ft @ 1,600 rpm
- 10-speed automatic (1st gear = 4.54 to 1)
- 3.42 rear axle ratio
- (1st gear) x (rear axle) = 15.53 to 1.
The updated 2021+ 6.7L Cummins High Output turbo-diesel I6:
- 420 hp @ 2,800 rpm
- 1,075 lb-ft @ 1,800 rpm
- 6-speed automatic Aisin (1st gear = 3.75 to 1)
- 4.10 rear axle ratio
- (1st gear) x (rear axle) = 15.375 to 1.
Spoiler Alert! Here are the 1/4-mile drag race results.
Join all the fun in the video below!