The upcoming Rivian R1T electric pickup truck is coming to market in June 2021. This is significantly later than originally expected. Before the virus shutdowns, the company said that the first Rivian trucks will go out for customer delivery at the very end of 2020. Next, the timeline shifted to early 2021, and now the release is set for June 2021.
This begs the question, which manufacturer will be first to market with an all-electric pickup truck. This is precisely the topic of this week’s TFL Talkin’ Trucks podcast – episode 21.
There are several new developments in the world of electric pickup trucks. The race is intensified as several automakers face delays for one reason or another. Although, the Rivian truck is now expected in June 2021 – it should still be the first EV truck to market.
- Rivian R1T : June 2021
- GMC Hummer EV : Fall 2021
- Tesla Cybertruck AWD : End of 2021
- Nikola Badger : Unknown (2022 model year)
- Bollinger B2 : Unknown (sometime in 2021)
- Atlis XT : Unknown (sometime in 2021)
- Ford F-150 EV : Unknown (sometime in 2022)
- Chevy Truck EV : Unknown (sometime in 2022)
Please join our podcast using the link above as we discuss this topic with our friend Alex on Autos.