Which is the more reliable Ford F-150 engine? Is it a more traditional 5.0-liter V8 or a 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V6? This question has been a topic of hot debate for years. It has been so perhaps for over 10 years, when the EcoBoost V6 first made its debut.
Here is a 5.0L V8 vs 3.5L V6 story from May 2016 on this very same topic. This reader question article was read by over 355,000 TFLtruck readers!
We are now able to shed more light on this subject with two of these details owner reviews of their high-mileage F-150 trucks. The two trucks you see here are 2013 model with between 230,000 and 250,000 miles.
We want to learn more about all high-mileage trucks of every make and size. We are calling out to you again to submit videos of trucks with over 150,000 miles! Rams, Chevys, Fords, GMC, Nissans, Toyotas, Hondas, Peterbilts, and more!
We want to structure the information you provide in the following way. We thank you for your submissions, and we looks forward for more!
Top 10 High-Mileage Reliability Questions
- 10. Has your high milage truck ever got your stranded because of engine failure? (Not talking about a dead battery.) Story? Cost?
- 9. Have you had to replace your injectors or clean fuel delivery system? Cost?
- 8. Have you had to replace your timing belt or chain? Cost?
- Transmission (they are getting more complicated and costly.)
- 7. Has your transmission ever let you down? Story? Cost?
- 6. Has the transmission performed to your expectation over time?
- Chassis/Body/Bed Rust
- 5. Given the environment of where you drive your truck – how has the frame, chassis, and the body last with respect to rust or decay?
- Accidents? (Hopefully there were no accidents, but if there was…)
- 4. Did your truck protect you well in an accident?
- 3. How easy or hard was it to repair the damage? Cost?
- Interior/Electrical Equipment?
- 2. Infotainment system that is locked up or unresponsive? Do you have any noticeable wear and tear with the interior? Worn our or ripped seat? Worn out stereo buttons? Failed sunroof? Window no longer rolls down or up?
- Recalls? (Every vehicle has and will always have recalls, but has it become a major problem?)
- 1. Has your truck been urgently recalled to where you had to go to the dealership at least once specifically for an urgent recall? (Not talking about a minor recall that was done during routine maintenance).
- Anything Else that We Missed? Tire wear and more?